Re: Review of Fedora Core

On 12/03/2004 05:33:45 PM, Michael A. Peters wrote:

I'll have to read the udev documentation. I know nothing about it. I'm just a user.

OK - it looks like what happens is udev creates the node with permission in the conf file, and then pam_console assigns the permissions to the the device (if it is configured to do so)

That's just at a glance from documentation - so /etc/security/ console.perms is the right place to configure permisive permissions, while udev is for configuring absolute permissions when pam_console isn't there to make them permissive for the console user.

I think.

I'll read more after the weekend.