restoring user accounts after an upgrade/reinstall?

Tom Weniger tweniger at telusplanet.net
Sat Dec 4 16:54:45 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-04-12 at 05:54 -0500, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>   any thoughts on whether this technique should still work?  i'll find
> out in an hour or two, i suspect, it would just be nice to have some
> advance warning if there are some surprises in store.
>
> rday
>
> p.s.  i'm configuring selinux for "warning" on the new system.  if i
> enabled it, would that be an issue here for some reason?

Greetings Robert,

I think the technique would still work. I have had no problems on my
small NFS home network. I am running with SELinux enabled (targeted).
The only variation I have used is updating the clients via NFS install
and the server last. My network is small enough that I can update
the /etc files by hand from a checklist. I hope the install goes well.

--
Virtually,
Tom W