off topic: test.

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Sat Dec 4 17:59:50 UTC 2004

On Sat, Dec 04, 2004 at 12:31:35PM -0500, Harry Hoffman wrote:
> Geez, what's up with this list? People seem so militant.
>
> It's a mailing list ppl... just like real life you (hopefully) don't
> dismiss ppl based on *small* mistakes.

The test post went to thousands, if not tens of thousands listeners.  We
wouldn't be amused if he stood he in the middle of the Mall of America
at Christmas time and hollered "fire" to see if people would react when
he did really have a fire.  You don't call 911 to see if your phone is
working either.

Test postings to any mailing list at any time are usually not
appreciated.

> People post "test" messages to mailing lists all of the time. It may not
> be the best thing to do but let's try to put some perspective on this.

And we hate each and every one of those test messages.  They're
annoying, as is all the followup discussion like this one.

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE
Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts at ewilts.org