cdrecord issue

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Sat Dec 4 18:25:26 UTC 2004

Am Sa, den 04.12.2004 schrieb Christian Del Pino um 19:06:

> I recently purchased an LG CD/DVD writer, model GSA-4160B. I have been
> having an issue trying to write CDs on this device using fc2.
>
> When I pop in a blank CDR, the nautilus CD creator comes up, and I am
> able to drag files onto the window and write to the CDR successfully.

> This is what I get when I use cdrecord:
>
> cdrecord -v -eject speed=4 dev=ATA FC3-i386-disc1.iso

> cdrecord: Cannot do inquiry for CD/DVD-Recorder.
> cdrecord: Input/output error. test unit ready: scsi sendcmd: fatal error
> CDB:  00 C0 00 00 00 00
> cmd finished after 0.000s timeout 40s

> Chris

When  I test with "cdrecord dev=ATA" I get such an error message too. If
I do it proper with "cdrecord dev=/dev/hdc" then all is well. So I
suggest you put a valid entry in your /etc/cdrecord.conf file, like

CDR_DEVICE=LG
LG=        /dev/hdX        -1      -1      burnfree

where hdX fits your drive letter. You will only need to call cdrecord
with parameters if you want to override settings set by  the
cdrecord.conf.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.9-1.6_FC2smp
Serendipity 19:20:18 up 8:38, 16 users, 0.63, 0.43, 0.50