Please: need help with kdvi under FC3

Gustavo Seabra seabra at ksu.edu
Sat Dec 4 20:33:19 UTC 2004

Stephan Matthiesen wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Am Samstag, 4. Dezember 2004 06:51 schrieb Gustavo Seabra:
>

>>So, it only fails if I try to call kdvi from command line as
>>$ kdvi myfile.dvi
>>
>>Any ideas about what might be wrong?
>>

>Not really, but it looks like it can't find the fonts.
>
>What happens if you start kdvi, set "Settings-show all errors and warnings"
>and then open the document? Perhaps it will show errors that might help.
>
>Also, see if the option "Generate missing fonts" in the options dialogue is
>set.
>
>Cheers
>Stephan

Same thing happens, and no error messages are displayed. Also, if
instead of using command line I open kdvi from the  KDE start menu -->
graphics  -->  KDVI, it works. What it seems is that it only works from
inside some GUI.

When I click help -> kdvi the window that appears has the title "About
the kdvi plugin", which seems to hint that it should only be "a plugin"
to something else, and not a standalone. However, it used to work
standalone for me in RH8!

By the way, I agree that, for some reason, it doesn't seem to find the
fonts.

Gustavo Seabra - Graduate Student
Chemistry Department
Kansas State University