windows line breaks in txt files

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Sat Dec 4 23:07:04 UTC 2004

Duncan Lithgow wrote:
> I am setting my system up so that my wife, who has no interest in such
> thinks, can simply get used to using a set of programs and use them
> whether the computer is in windows or linux. I personally think that
> needs to be the focus of all attempts to win over windows users.
>
> So, is there a good text editor which runs in windows which will
> correctly detect the line breaks. Then she can use that and be none the
> wiser ;)

Most of them will, as far as I can tell. Even Wordpad will correctly
read Unix line breaks!

What does she want in a text editor? Absolute simplicity?

James.

--
E-mail address: james | The Inquirer was set up by Mike Magee (ticker: DODGY),
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | who co-founded well-known IT site The Register seven