Mr. Day

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Sun Dec 5 12:33:05 UTC 2004

On Sunday 05 December 2004 12:39, Timothy Payne wrote:
> And who put Mr. Day in charge?

I think you're being a little harsh. His advice to get a book on the subject
is sound and precisely what I did: I bought a book with CD (Slackware, before
RHL was visible in the shops).

Even so, it was more by luck than good management my first system on the net
wasn't cracked; with the skills I deployed back then, now I'd last about as
long as it took for the first portscan and dictionary attack to hit me.

Don't discount the advice because you don't approve of the form of words, and
especially don't divert attention from it: in that you do us all a great
disservice.

I recall that Robert has been offering advice to RHL users for some years,
longer than some others here.

If Matthew takes Gustavo's advice he is quite likely to destroy his sytem and
revert to Windows.

OTOH if he follows Robert's, he will take time to educate himself about this
new beast, and that will be good for all of is.

Whose advice is better?

--

Cheers
John Summerfield