ma401 FC3 config with encryption

rufous swanson jlinux at comcast.net
Sun Dec 5 16:32:26 UTC 2004

I have an ma401 netgear wireless card and a netgear mr814 router and am
having problems configuring the card to work with FC3.  I have seen
people post to the list that this card works for them plug and pray, but
I have NOT seen anyone configuring this card using encryption.

I have:
1) searched archives for this list
2) searched on google
3) grep'd the config files on my notebook
4) tried to use system-config-network (netgear was not listed)

[1] Can someone provide the exact steps I need to perform to get this
card working so that it comes up and works after booting?
(i.e. i want to store all the settings in the apppropriate config file)

o I am using 128 bit encryption
o My router has 4 wep keys

[2] Where is the correct config file to store the essid?
[3] Where is the correct config file to store the wep keys and what is
the correct syntax for each key? (I found the man page for iwconfig to
be confusing)

Thank you for helping.