startup services order

Mike Klinke lsomike at futzin.com
Mon Dec 6 03:58:59 UTC 2004

On Sunday 05 December 2004 21:43, sly wrote:
> how can i chose the order in which services to be loaded?
> actually i want to have the pcmcia started before the network.

Each of the scripts in /etc/init.d has a header which contains a
line of the form:

#chkconfig: 2345 xx yy

The xx number indicates a server start priority and the yy number
indicates when its stop priority.  See "man chkconfig" for all the
details.  According to the numbers it looks to me that "pcmcia" is
started just prior to "network" on my FC3 system here but I'll
admit not having watched the boot up process specifically for this.

21:48:30 # head pcmcia
#
# chkconfig: 2345 09 96

21:48:43 # head network