startup services order

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Mon Dec 6 04:04:23 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-12-05 at 22:43, sly wrote:
> how can i chose the order in which services to be loaded? actually i
> want to have the pcmcia started before the network.

Actually I forgot to add that if you really just want to change the
startup order you can change that in the startup scripts by renaming
them.  In the /etc/rc3.d directory are files that have S followed by a
number and the name of the script.  The number indicates the start
sequence going low to high.

In the /etc/init.d directory are the actual scripts.  In those scripts
there should be comment lines similar to:

# chkconfig: 2345 24 96

That line indicates the runlevels the script should be in as well as the
kill and start sequence numbers.  This is used by chkconfig to make the
symbolic links into the rc#.d directories.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

What we see depends on mainly what we look for.
		-- John Lubbock