IDE controller card and Fedora Core 3

Langdon Stevenson langdon at meetjoebloggs.com
Mon Dec 6 04:56:01 UTC 2004

Thanks for the feedback John

I had a look at Clark Connect, but they don't really have anything to
offer me.  I am attempting to build a cheap Samba file server with large
capacity and reasonable redundancy.  Throughput isn't an issue, and I
don't need any services other than Samba on it.

I can't justify forking out for a new piece of hardware, but have a
bunch of components that will do the job if I can get them to play nicely.

 From you reply I take it that IDE controllers that use a Promise HPT
(HighPoint?) chipset are supported by Linux.  Is that the case?

Regards,
Langdon