startup services order

HaJo Schatz hajo at hajo.net
Mon Dec 6 16:25:17 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-12-06 at 11:58, Scot L. Harris wrote:

> The trick is to tell the network card NOT to start at boot time.  When
> pcmcia services start later on it will start the network card anyway.
> IMHO this is  BUG AND NEEDS TO BE FIXED!

I don't exactly know what changed and when, but it seems that someone
attended to the issue. I used to have the card set to "no start @ boot"
in FC2 but after one certain update, the behavior changed so that I have
to "enable @ boot" upon which the network-init-script says "delaying
initialization". Once the PCMCIA driver comes up, the network's
magically there as well. To me this looks like the issue has actually
been solved...

--
HaJo Schatz <hajo at hajo.net>
http://www.HaJo.Net