Getting java to work?

Hardy Merrill hmerrill123 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 6 17:22:29 UTC 2004

Note that this is totally from memory (done last
night), and I did NOT get confirmation in Firefox that
the pluggin is seen by Firefox.

cd to Firefox pluggins directory:

   /usr/lib/Firefox-1.0/pluggins

and create a link to the java plugin library:

  ln -s
/usr/java/jdk5.0/jre/<path>/<to>/libjavaplugin.oji .

Then, I believe you *should* be able to close Firefox
and re-open it, then do

   - Edit
     - Preferences
       - Download
         - click on Plugins, and java should be listed

But as I said, I couldn't get java to be listed there.

HTH.