FC 3 iso corrupt?

Stuart Lamble stu at gateway10.homeip.net
Mon Dec 6 19:38:04 UTC 2004

I recently wasted many cd`s while desperately trying to get FC3 downloaded
and burnt to CD.

Here is what I found - may help others who are on the same path.

USE the MD5Checksums - Verify that your iso images each have the correct MD5
checksums.

Secondly, I was unfortunate enough to write these images to CD using a
windows platform - seems you must tell the cd writer software to write the
image in RAW format. By default it wants to use DSO, or something like that,
which writes successfully, but the FC3 installation CD checker FAILS.

"Alcohol 120" seems to be smart in this case and let me see the error and
change the writing to RAW.

Hope this helps.