fonts/temrinal settings in putty

Robin Bowes robin-gmane at robinbowes.com
Mon Dec 6 20:51:09 UTC 2004

Hi,

I've got a FC3 box that was upgraded from FC2 and I'm having trouble
with fonts. I had the same issue on FC2 and I have another FC1 box that
has the same issue.

I run the server headless and access it via ssh using putty from WinXP.

However, I can seem to get the terminal font set so that I get
line-drawing characters in, for instance, system-config-securitylevel-tui.

This is what it looks like:

   âââââââââââââ⤠Firewall Configuration ââââââââââââââ
   â                                                  â
   â A firewall protects against unauthorized         â
   â network intrusions. Enabling a firewall blocks   â
   â all incoming connections. Disabling a firewall   â
   â allows all connections and is not recommended.   â
   â                                                  â
   â    Security Level: (*) Enabled ( ) Disabled      â
   â                                                  â
   â    ââââââ       âââââââââââââ      ââââââââââ    â
   â    â OK â       â Customize â      â Cancel â    â
   â    ââââââ       âââââââââââââ      ââââââââââ    â
   â                                                  â
   â                                                  â
   ââââââââââââââââââââââââââââââââââââââââââââââââââââ

Does anyoen know how to enable line-drawiing characters instead of
"foreign" characters? Is it as simple as installing the right font?

Thanks,

R.
--
http://robinbowes.com