Wireless. if wireless card not detected or listed?

Qian Qiao qian.qiao at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 21:21:35 UTC 2004

I know that kismet doesn't work with ndiswrapper. I dunno whether
ettercap will work.

Before the hw vendors ship their linux drivers (some vendors never
will), the only choices are: either get a card that is known to be
supported by linux, or use the ndiswrapper.

Curse those evil vendors :)

-- Joe

On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 16:12:13 -0500, Scot L. Harris <webid at cfl.rr.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-12-06 at 16:06, Qian Qiao wrote:
> > Try ndiswrapper at ndiswrapper.sf.net, see if your card is listed as
> > supported. If so, it wraps you window$ driver, allowing your card to
> > function under linux.
> >
> > Hope this helps.
> >

> Just wondering but, does ndiswrapper allow you to use tools like kismet
> and ettercap?
>

> --
> Scot L. Harris
> webid at cfl.rr.com
>
> There is more to life than increasing its speed.
>                -- Mahatma Gandhi
>
> --

Money can't buy everything.
Sometimes money can't even buy a gun...