help with Novell/ximian connector

Satish Balay balay at fastmail.fm
Mon Dec 6 23:43:31 UTC 2004

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 pdoak at campusmail.com.edu wrote:

> I have Fedora Core 2 installed on my system and need to install and
> configure ximian connector. I have downloaded the RPM for Connector
> (ximian-connector-1.4.7.2-0.ximian.6.1.i386.rpm) but when I try to install
> it I get a dependancy error, saying that I need 'libcom_err.so.3'.

This happens because you are attempting to install an rpm built for
RHL9 - on FC2. If you can grab the .src.rpm - and rebuild on your
machine - it might be able to rebuid it on FC2 with:
 'rpm --rebuild ximian-connector.src.rpm'

(don't know enough about ximiman connector) - but Evolution 2.0 is
supporsed have support to connect to MS Exchange server - and this is
part of FC3. Perhaps you might want to upgrade to FC3.

Satish