linksys wpc11

MJang mike at mommabears.com
Tue Dec 7 00:01:25 UTC 2004

Dear Sly,

> Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 17:34:45 -0500
> From: sly <dsyc at go.ro>
> Subject: Re: linksys wpc11

> Satish Balay wrote:
> > On Mon, 6 Dec 2004, sly wrote:
> >

> >>anybody using linksys wpc11 wireless pccard? i tried to install the driver
> >>from linksys.com but it errors.

Be careful, ver 3 and ver 4 apparantly have different chipsets, and the
procedures for each are rather different.

> > Please post '/sbin/lspci' for this card.

lspci normally should list out the chipset. If it doesn't, and it's a
pcmcia card, follow Qian's advice. If your system works with other
PCMCIA cards, a cardctl ident should identify (or some other cardctl
command should at least show a card inserted in place).

If all else fails, I gather people have good success with Linuxant.com
help, but that's a non-GPL service.

Thanks,
Mike