Mr. Day

Thomas Cameron thomas.cameron at camerontech.com
Tue Dec 7 03:40:43 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-12-06 at 10:32 -0600, Robert wrote:

> Just one thought....
>
> Anyone who feels abused or belittled should really have a look at a few
> other technical lists.  One that comes to mind immediately is the
> Slackware list along about the time that RH8 was announced. It was bad.
> I unsubscribed after a day or two and made up my mind I'd drive RH7.3
> 'til the wheels fell off before I'd paint myself into the corner of
> depending on *that* bunch of hooligans for answers to my questions.

I came to the same conclusion about Sendmail because of the horrible
attitudes I saw on the Postfix mailing list.

Are you saying that because people are jerks on other lists it's OK to
be a jerk here?  Or that because maybe the jerk to nice guy ratio is
better here that we should count ourselves lucky?  I have to disagree.

> Face it, the people who provide most of the answers to technical
> questions spend more time honing their technical skills than attending
> Charm School.  That's just the nature of the beast.

It doesn't make it right.  Life's too short - be nice to each other.
How hard is it to be nice?  Is it really that much of an imposition?

Thomas