ATTN SELF-STYLED LIST POLICE (was RE: Mr. Day)

Thomas Cameron thomas.cameron at camerontech.com
Tue Dec 7 11:29:24 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-12-07 at 19:13 +0800, John Summerfield wrote:
> On Tuesday 07 December 2004 19:14, Thomas Cameron wrote:
> > > Really, we're discussing _this list_.
> >
> > OK, then, as I said earlier - even if this list were to triple in size
> > from HTML, we're still talking about 45MB transfer per month.  Heck -
> > let's say it increases ten-fold to 150MB/month.  I say again - "big
> > deal."
>
> For some of is it truly is.

If it were all at once, I could see it being prohibitive.  But 150MB
over the course of the whole month is still very much do-able on dial-
up.  Not pleasant to be sure, but do-able.  I downloaded Slackware back
in '95 over dial-up, and it was significantly more than 150 megs.  I
didn't like it very much, but there were no show-stoppers in doing it.

Thomas