Experience with ATRPMS repository?

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Tue Dec 7 15:36:59 UTC 2004

A1tmblwd at netscape.net wrote:
> What has your experience been using the ATRPMS, http://atrpms.net , repository?
> Mine has not been very favorable. I regret creating atrpms.repo and adding it
> to the /etc/yum.repo.d/ directory.
>
> BEGIN VENT
> ==========
>
> Here are the problems that plague my FC3 system after I used "yum update":

I had problems with atrpms.  I submitted bug reports and I will say
they were dealt with but I always ended up with a dependency loop when
I needed to use a newer version of some packages.  I eventually spent
two days removing *.at packages from my system so I could use other
distros.

Like you, I vented my frustration with similar responses.

 From what I am reading in the responses, it depends on your needs and
desires.  I want to use repo's that work with other repo's "well!"  If
Dag releases a newer version of a package, I should be able to yum
update without running into a whole slew of dependencies, especially
if the dependent packages have not changed.

This is a user choice and mine is to avoid ATRPMS totally due to my
experiences.

--
Robin Laing