Server Certificate

Ernie McCracken holycrap at cavtel.net
Tue Dec 7 19:18:23 UTC 2004

On Tue, Dec 07, 2004 at 01:43:48PM -0500, David Cary Hart wrote:
> This is in the httpd ssl log. I'm clueless:
>
> "[warn] RSA server certificate CommonName (CN) `localhost.localdomain'
> does NOT match server name!?"
>
> What do I need to read to determine how (or if) I should fix this?

I believe this means that when you created the server certificate, you
put (or it defaulted to) "localhost.localdomain."

You should create the server certificate with a CN of the domain by
which you will be accessing it.  For instance, if you will get to the
server by putting https://www.mydomain.com/ in your browser, the CN of
the certificate should be www.mydomain.com.