Thunderbird Not Running Filters on Incoming POP

Andrew Choens achoens at frontiernet.net
Wed Dec 8 00:42:18 UTC 2004

I really do want to use Thunderbird.  It has a kind of fun feel to it.
But, I have one problem that has to get cleared up first.  As everyone
recieving this email knows, this is a high volume list.  I have a filter
to move all of the incoming mail over to a folder called Fedora.  The
filter works fine, when I manually run the filters, but it does NOT run
when new mail is downloaded from my pop account.  I had this with the
0.8 installed from the CD's and I'm still experiencing it with the 0.9
rpm I downloaded from Fresh RPMS.  Out of curiousity, I downloaded a
binary from mozilla, and got the same problem.  So, what's wrong with my
set-up?  Why won't the filters run on the incoming mail?

If I can resolve this, I'll switch to Thunderbird, otherwise I guess I'm
stuck with Evolution.