Enabling DRI for ATI Rage Mobility P/M PCI Card

Andrew Choens achoens at frontiernet.net
Wed Dec 8 01:07:57 UTC 2004

Shailesh Mahadik wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Can Anybody help me enabling DRI for my ATI RAGE Mobility P/M PCI card
>
> I am unable to play even TUX -racer
>
> I have i810e board with celeron 633 Mhz Processor
>
> Using FC3
>
> Answers to this mail will be very helpful to me
>
> Can U put a cc to my mailid also in addition to the list
>
> My mail id is ssmahadik at yahoo.com
>
> Thnks in adv
>
> Shailesh
>
> Technology is Driving ME Crazier....
>         But Who Said I want to be SANE !!!
>

> <http://clients.rediff.com/signature/track_sig.asp>

I'll see if I can help you out.  I don't have the exact same card as you
do, but I do have a ATI Rage Mobility.  I have included my xorg
configuration file below the hash marks.  I just installed tuxracer and
it played just fine...well the graphics were fine, my steering was
terrible.

One last note before I cut and paste the xorg.conf file.  I noticed your
email had a picture inserted at the bottom.  You must be new to this
list, considering the long <sometimes ridiculous> debates that have been
raging here in the last few days, but it is generally considered
"polite" to send email to a list like this in plain text with no images
attached.  If soeone winds up needing a picture to help you for some
reason, you would send it to them directly, off the list.  This is to
show some respect for the people who still have to use dial-up
connections to get this stuff and those who still use text-based email apps.

Just to get my digs in, I think I've wasted more bandwidth in the last
3-4 days on the debates than I did in downloading the picture!  :-)

But, with no further adoo, I give you the relevant sections of my
xorg.conf file.  I've deleted most of the Red Hat commentary and stuff
that has nothing to do with your graphics.  I tried to *** anything that
I think might help.  Search this email for the 3 stars to see the good
stuff.  Check to see if your xorg.conf file has the same entries.  If
not, change them, reset your X-Server and try it out.

La Paz,
--andy

Relevant portions of xorg.conf from Evangelion

Section "ServerLayout"
    Identifier     "Default Layout"
    Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
    InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"