What happened to cvsd?

Grant Limberg glimberg at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 02:52:28 UTC 2004

all you need to enable the cvs pserver on a machine is a file in /etc/xinetd.d/

here's my /etc/xinetd.d/cvspserver file:

service cvspserver
{
   port        = 2401
   socket_type = stream
   protocol    = tcp
   wait        = no
   passenv     = PATH
   user        = root
   server      = /usr/bin/cvs
   server_args = -f --allow-root=/path/to/cvs pserver
}

On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 03:52:33 +0100, Thomas <j.a.d.e at gmx.net> wrote:
> Ed Wilts wrote:
>
> >On Wed, Dec 08, 2004 at 01:23:09AM +0100, Thomas wrote:
> >

> >>i tried to setup a cvs server recently and noticed that there is no cvsd
> >>to be found in the fedora repos.
> >>

> >In about 10 seconds, a google search for "cvsd fc3" pointed me to:
> >http://atrpms.net/dist/fc3/cvsd/
> >It's the *first* result returned.
> >

> Oh, i see, i admit i could have done some more research first.
>
> I was searching via synaptic and didnt find it because i excluded
> at-rpms because it has issues that have been discussed here lately.
> Somehow i was convinced that something like cvsd would be found in
> virtually every repo, including the official fedora repo. Which is not
> the case. The reason for that could be the fact that there are more
> modern versioning systems with the intend to replace cvsd.
>
> Is it generally ok to ask such stupid questions here?
> Maybe i could use a place to ask questions of a much more simple kind.
> (like what do i have to type to mount smb share for example)
> Is there something like a 'beginners' mailing list?
>
> Regards,
> Thomas
>

> --

Grant Limberg