Thunderbird Not Running Filters on Incoming POP

Rich Burroughs rich at paranoid.org
Wed Dec 8 04:49:16 UTC 2004

Andrew Choens wrote:
  > When you make a filter you can apply it to your "local folders" OR
to an
> account.  The default is to make it apply to "local folders".  But, not
> all filters get auto-run this way.  To be sure your filter will be
> automatically run, you have to assign it to an account.  This is fine,
> but poorly documented.  I don't understand why they make the
> distinction.  But, they do.

I had the same problem, that's why I mentioned it :) I don't understand
the reasoning behind the design either, but the filters did not execute
on the incoming mail when I used the default "local folders" setting.
When I found the POP account listed on the pulldown menu and tried it
they worked fine.

Rich