Login attacks

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Wed Dec 8 19:31:17 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 08 December 2004 13:54, HaJo Schatz wrote:
>On Thu, 2004-12-09 at 02:02, Randy Kelsoe wrote:
>> Serge de Souza wrote:
>> > Gerry Doris wrote:
>> >  > I had so many problems with the 218.0.0.0/24 domain that I
>> >  > totally

>Again missed an OP, maybe I should filter out any mail which
> contains the string "FC3" ;-)
>
>Most of these login-attempts originate from a WIN-Virus, Ie the
> attacks come from dial-up accounts of unsuspecting users. You're
> eventually blacklisting the whole internet if you continue that ;-)

OTOH, if such an address drops into my personal back hole with such a
rule, I'm the only one that loses if the perp cleans up his machine
and eventually becomes a good netizen.  I probably should not have my
nose so high that everyone can check the grooming from 10 paces, but
to me an infected winderz box should have the net cable cut with a
sharp pair of diagonals and not allow the cable to be repaired
until they have installed a secure os.  Winderz ain't it...  But,
thats just me, who is tired of all the viri they crank out by the
terrabyte on any given day.

I currently review the JunqueMail folder a couple of times a day so I
can train SA to do a better job.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)