iproute2

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Thu Dec 9 00:08:18 UTC 2004

Am Do, den 09.12.2004 schrieb Mezei Zoltan um 0:56:

> >     if [ ${DEVICE} = "eth0" ]; then
> > 	ip addr add 192.168.2.1 dev eth0
> >     fi
> >
> > Not the best way to change system scripts which may be overridden next
> > update of initscripts rpm i.e. But actually there is no mechanism to use
> > iproute2 style in existing configuration files.
>
> Thanks for the information, i will create a custom init script then. I
> hope this feature will be integrated to fedora soon.

> Zizi

You are welcome. You say you will write code yourself as an init script.
Would you mind to contribute good code to the existing scripts which can
be integrated into Fedora? I mean, don' wait until others do the work.
If you need it and you write robust code, then there should be no reason
why your work wouldn't be integrated and all users may profit.
AFAIK the IPv6 setup scripts already use iproute2 to assign the IPv6
address(es) to the devices. One could adopt code from there for IPv4.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.9-1.6_FC2smp
Serendipity 01:02:11 up 3 days, 24 users, load average: 0.49, 0.43, 0.32