video card compatibility list

Lin Tse Hsu evfreek at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 9 00:36:17 UTC 2004

Hi.  I wonder if my video card is compatible with FC3
(STB Trio 64V+).  I searched the archives, but any
search gets an HTTP 400 error.  I looked at
www.fedorafaq.org, but there was nothing there.  I
also checked fedoranews.  Nothing there either.

Then, I noticed that x.org rather than XFree86 is
being used.  The x.org site is very difficult to use,
and the wiki seems to be hard to navigate.  The only
answer I got is that the support may lag XFree86 3.x.
This is a little help, since it means that even if it
works in, say, RedHat 7.3, it might not work in FC3.
Or it might.  But it is not guaranteed.  I also tried
google.  Is there any web page that is as
comprehensive and easy to navigate as the XFree86 site
in relation to compatible video cards?

This probably is a FAQ.

Thanks!