Opinion: Evolution's days on Fedora Numbered?

Andrew Choens achoens at frontiernet.net
Thu Dec 9 02:16:24 UTC 2004

> What nonsense. Evolution will survive or die on _its_ merits. I't not
> _controlled_ by Novell; if anyone doesn't like what Novell does with it
> theyre free to fork it.

Not my point at all.  I'm wondering if Evo will get dropped from the
default in Fedora as RH and Novell start to diverge in interests.  I
certainly have no doubt that it will continue to exist, and exist as a
vibrant community....but will it continue to be the default on Fedora.
That's all.  In essence, as Novell's interests start to have more of an
impact on Evolution, will it become difficult for RH to continue to
use/support it?

This is probably my last comment on this thread.  I find it amusing that
the same list that could waste days discussing whether or not it's OK to
flame newbies to a crisp can't engage in an intelligent conversation
about the future of OSS.  Instead I got accused of being a troll.  I'd
say you guys aren't much fun but the amusement I got out of people
making fools of themselves on this thread:

ATTN SELF-STYLED LIST POLICE (was RE: Mr. Day)

proves that there's plenty of humor to go around here.  Nor do I think a
conversation about the future of OSS is a waste of time/bandwidth,
although the thread I reference above arguably is.

La Paz
--andy

--andy