xfree

Brian Richardson brian at cubik.ca
Thu Dec 9 07:01:11 UTC 2004

cty wrote:

>I spent a whole day experimenting with this and my monitor
>is still on 60Hz...
>
>What should i do?

XF86Config(5) will give you more details about setting up custom modes.
You probably shouldn't need to do that, though. If your video card
supports VESA1.1 or VESA2.0 standard modes, you should not need to do
anything but put the correct HorizSync and VertRefresh rates for your
monitor. You may need your monitor's manual for this info, though newer
ones will display this information at the push of a button.

Brian

--
Brian Richardson
Software Developer