Update icon freezing

I have two similar machine (basically same configuration files)
The update icon on a machine is working fine switching from red to blue and becoming red when some update is ready, on the other it keeps staying blue saying searching for updates, and at same time if I run update from menu, update starts searching and installing updats

Any hint??

Tnx

--
Antonio
Working with Mozilla Thunderbird 0.9 on Linux Fedora Core 3