setting display resolution higher than 800*600 not possible with ELSA Gloria Synergy

Brian Richardson brian at cubik.ca
Thu Dec 9 08:14:02 UTC 2004

Thomas Butterstein wrote:

>Permedia driver shows the same behaviour. In RedHat 9, I was able to select
>the amount of display RAM on the graphics adapter. This is not possible with
>the one included in FC3.

XF86Config(5) should contain information about setting the correct value
for your card's video RAM. You may also have to look at your video
driver's manual page in section 4 (ELSA. Are they still using the nv(4)
driver?)

>which can be set up with the correct frequency values suiting my monitor's
>capabilities? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Check your XF86Config's HorizSync and VertRefresh values to ensure they
are correct. If your exact monitor was in the list, it is nearly certain
that it will contain the correct values, but worth checking anyway.
Beyond that, there may be specific RAMDAC or dot clock issues with your
card. Details will be in your driver's section 4 manual page.

Brian

--
Brian Richardson
Software Developer