public blacklists

Ow Mun Heng Ow.Mun.Heng at wdc.com
Thu Dec 9 11:03:25 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-12-09 at 00:25, D. D. Brierton wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-12-08 at 16:11, David Cary Hart wrote:
>
> > >From my Postfix main.cf:
> >
> >     reject_rbl_client dnsbl.sorbs.net,
> >     reject_rbl_client sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org,
> >     reject_rbl_client bl.spamcop.net,
>
> I'd be curious to know if this would work in my setup. I have fetchmail
> pull mail from various POP3 mailboxes on external mailservers and
> deliver it to postfix.

I doubt this will work, since you're not the end-server. meaning, last
stop for the email. These solutions are only for targetting the last
stop so that you can deny the emails right there and then.

If it's already accepted into your last-stop, the point of doing such is
moot.

>  Now if I put the above lines in my postfix
> main.cf what would happen? fetchmail would attempt to deliver mail from
> blacklisted addresses to postfix, which would then reject it. But would
> it end up just remaining in the external POP3 box waiting to be
> downloaded by fetchmail again?
>
> Does adding the above three lines to main.cf work with postfix without
> the addition of any other packages?
>
> TIA, Darren
>
> --
> D. D. Brierton            darren at dzr-web.com          www.dzr-web.com
>        Trying is the first step towards failure (Homer Simpson)

Ow Mun Heng
Gentoo/Linux on D600 1.4Ghz
Neuromancer 19:02:20 up 9:28, 6 users, 0.40, 0.42, 0.37