FC3 Startup File?

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Thu Dec 9 17:54:05 UTC 2004

Am Do, den 09.12.2004 schrieb Andoni um 18:40:

> Anyway, I am trying to find out where the startup file is? My sendmail is giving an error when I boot the
> system and I don't even want mail running in the first place so where can I remove this from starting?

Fedora is a System V Linux. So service starts and stops are handled by
init script in the different runlevels. To switch off a service like
Sendmail it would be managed by

chkconfig sendmail off

chkconfig --list sendmail --> will show you then that Sendmail is off in
all runlevels

Be aware that you won't get any longer notification mails! Like useful
for logwatch and other things. The "problem" with Sendmail start is very
certainly a DNS problem. I recommend to fix that and not to switch off
the MTA which btw. is by default only listening locally.

> Also where can I give the machine an IP address?

system-config-network

> Andoni.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.9-1.6_FC2smp
Serendipity 18:50:46 up 3 days, 18:13, load average: 0.58, 0.38, 0.31