Updates for FC3..

Ted Gervais ve1drg at av.eastlink.ca
Thu Dec 9 20:13:49 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-12-09 at 14:22 -0500, William Hooper wrote:
> Ted Gervais said:
> >

> > Hi Everyone.  Well I updated to FC3 by downloading the ISO files and
> > burning new discs.  I used those to upgrade and things went just fine.
> > Afterwards, I selected the update process and I see it calling for
> > locations that are FC2 sites.  I looked at my yum.conf file and it doesn't
> > specifically use FC2 in there so maybe the only updates for FC3 are really
> > FC2 updates?
>
> What is the output of:
>
> rpm -q fedora-release

[ve1drg at mach3 ~]$ rpm -q fedora-release
fedora-release-3-8

> What does your yum.conf have in it?

Well it is the same yum.conf file from a year or so ago. Here is the
first part of it:

main]
cachedir=/var/cache/yum
debuglevel=2
logfile=/var/log/yum.log
pkgpolicy=newest
distroverpkg=fedora-release
tolerant=1
exactarch=0
# Added this because some mirrors go down and then retying takes
forever.
retries=1

##################
## Basic Fedora ##
##################

[base]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Base
baseurl=http://mirror.hiwaay.net/redhat/fedora/linux/core/$releasever/$basearch/os
  http://rpmfind.net/linux/fedora/core/$releasever/$basearch/os

http://mirror.clarkson.edu/pub/distributions/fedora/linux/core/$releasever/$basearch/os

http://mirrors.usc.edu/pub/linux/fedora/fedora/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/RPMS.os
#  http://fedora.redhat.com/releases/fedora-core-$releasever
#gpgcheck=1

updates-released]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Released Updates
baseurl=http://ftp.ens.utulsa.edu/pub/linux/fedora/core/updates/$releasever/$basearch
  http://rpmfind.net/linux/fedora/core/updates/$releasever/$basearch

http://mirror.clarkson.edu/pub/distributions/fedora/linux/core/updates/$releasever/$basearc

http://mirrors.usc.edu/pub/linux/fedora/fedora/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/RPMS.updates