Lost all network connectivity after clean FC3 install

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Thu Dec 9 22:35:33 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-12-09 at 19:34 +0100, Salvatore Indiogine wrote:
> Hi Paul! The output is at the end of the message.
(snip)
> > What do you get from:
> >
> > # iptables -L -n -t nat
>
> Chain PREROUTING (policy ACCEPT)
>
> Chain POSTROUTING (policy ACCEPT)
> MASQUERADE  all  --  0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0
>
> Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

I can't really offer any suggestions about what's going wrong here
because I don't know enough about iptables rules and your setup isn't
working in the same way as mine. All I can tell you is that I don't use
RedHat's firewall tool (the iptables service is off) and instead I use
the Projectfiles.com Linux Firewall at http://projectfiles.com/firewall/
(download the firewall_install.sh script and run that - it'll prompt you
for settings). I've got a dual-ethernet setup like yours using this
firewall and am not having troubles with client machines.

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>