FC3 power off problem

Nifty Hat Mitch mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 10 02:28:12 UTC 2004

On Sat, Dec 04, 2004 at 01:20:00AM +0800, Wong Kwok-hon wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 16:40:16 +0100 (CET), hicham <hichamlinux at yahoo.fr> wrote:
> > I've tried both options (acpi=off and apm=power_off )
> > and acpi=off alone
> > and I still don't get the pc power off properly
> >

> acpi=off work in me... don't know why...

Those with problems powering off cleanly need
to be very clear what kernel they are working with
and what boot flags are involved.   Looking at the
diffs on a FC2 tree this area is changing quite a lot
and any confusion on the involved code will slow getting
a fix.

One area of change is.
   ....drivers/acpi/hardware/hwsleep.c
Knowing exactly what kernel will let
developer folk know what code is active.

Also, Try including this info in the reports and postings.

     egrep -i "apic|acpi" /var/log/dmesg
     egrep -i 'kernel command line' /var/log/dmesg
     uname -a

If I am as current as I hope I am the current kernels are:
	  FC2 is 2.6.9-1.6_FC2
	  FC3 is 2.6.9-1.681_FC3

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l