two Fedora 3's

Nifty Hat Mitch mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 10 03:08:35 UTC 2004

On Thu, Dec 02, 2004 at 02:52:54PM -0700, Aly Dharshi wrote:

> The first is for multi processors/cpu the second is for
> uniprocessors/cpu ( or i processor) so take your pick based on your
> cpu count

For most of the world where the smp (symmetric multi processing)
kernel will run it is a win.  For some uncommon application mixes the
smp operation is less stable or delivers less performance.  You have
both.

BTW: 2.6.9-1.681_FC3 is the current kernel.  Look at the announcement
to see if there is any reason to load or not load the new kernel.

When in doubt run SMP if it runs.

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l
	spam unwanted email.