What is up with fonts in FC3????

Gregory Gulik greg at gulik.org
Fri Dec 10 04:24:25 UTC 2004

One of the first differences I saw when I upgraded from FC2 to FC3 was
when I installed it on a wide screen laptop it was very obvious there
was more spacing between lines than in FC2.  It's much less obvious on a
standard 4x3 aspect ratio screen.

At first I thought it was just in Mozilla/Firefox but today I tried to
print out a document I made in OpenOffice just before upgrading and the
formatting was completely messed up!  I had to spend a lot of time
adjusting line spacings to make everything fit on a page again.  This
was typical of the kinds of annoying changes I saw when upgrading MS
Office but come on, Fedora should be better than that.

I'd love to file a bug report but I'm not sure which component this is in?

Can someone help me out here?

Am I the only one getting frustrated by the goofy font changes from FC2
to FC3???

--
Greg Gulik                                 http://www.gulik.org/greg/
greg @ gulik.org