FC1 > FC3

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Fri Dec 10 18:05:02 UTC 2004

Stephen Walton wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-12-10 at 10:25 -0500, Peter Volsted wrote:
>
>>hi
>>
>> > Don Dupy wrote:
>>
>>>Has anyone done an upgrade from FC1 > FC3 ?
>>
>>I did without any problems a month ago.
>

> A handy hint:  after an upgrade like this, do 'rpm -qa --last > rpmlist'
> and look at the bottom of the list.  You'll probably find a whole bunch
> of obsolete packages which you can safely remove.

Also the start of /root/upgrade.log may have a list of packages that have
broken dependencies and should probably be removed (you probably won't get
this if you don't use any "unofficial" packages). It's always worth looking
through this file after an upgrade to look for mentions of changed
configuration files (.rpmnew or .rpmsave) that need looking at anyway.

Paul.