iso install - Sony SDM-S73 flat panel lcd tft display

Pybe squalidstuff at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 18:20:08 UTC 2004

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 10:03:32 -0800, Jerome Freedman, Ph. D.
<jerome at newterra.net> wrote:
> Does anyone know the settings for XF86config file to make the monitor work
> with RedHat 8?

Try useing the same settings for the monitor that the fc2 box is using.

> way to upgrade RedHat 8 to Fedora 2 without a floppy drive or cdrom drive?
> Worst case, I can open the case in attach a cd drive, but that is very
> clumsy. I'd like to be able to update from the iso images.

Make sure the iso's are in a partition that will NOT be used by the
upgrade/install. See http://www.pybe.co.uk/article.php?sid=13 worked a
treat for me. When you get the install up use the hd install and point
it to the partition with the iso's in.

> I have taken one more step on this path by mounting the iso images. Can an
> update be managed from them?

No but you can use that to get the img etc off the iso.

HTH
Pybe