Anaconda problems

Beppe nytrodb at katamail.com
Fri Dec 10 19:27:05 UTC 2004

Carmelo wrote:

>> hi there,
>>
>> The thing is that I was trying to install FC3 on my PC from a DVD.
>> Firstly I checked the DVD (and the status was OK) in order to secure
>> tha there weren't a media problem or something like that I. After
>> that...and every time that the Anaconda installer managed to display
>> any window on the screen, in order to start the graphical
>> installation process, the system crashes. I don't know where the
>> problem could be. Maybe on hardware incompabilities, I thought.
>> I've a PCI-Express graphic card, could the problem be focused here?.
>> Maybe on the motherboard?.
>> if anyone has any idea of what the problem could be...I'll be pleased
>> to get a solution.
>>
>> thanks in advanced.
>>
>> see ya,
>> Carmelo
>>

>my pc info:
>
>  motherboard chipset: Intel Grantsdale i915P
>  motherboard name:    Unknown
>
>  graphic card:        ATI RADEON X600 PRO PCI-Express
>
>If that it could be of any help(I hope so). If 'u need more info ask me for it.
>
>thankz
>
>Carmelo

I've the same issue with a 915G and the same card.
Kudzu recognized the hardware but the X freeze at the boot time.
Fortunately my motherboard provide an onboard graphic adapter and it
works (if I remove ATI card!)
I can't say with certainty if the problem is PCI-Express (but also on
board adapter is PCI-E) or Xorg-X11, but I can say that I haven't any
problem
with FC2 and ATI card plugged in and working, even if I don't think
PCI-E bus was exploited properly because the system recognized it like a
VESA adapter.
Regards,
Beppe