Anaconda problems

Carmelo no-reply-gw at fcp.homelinux.org
Fri Dec 10 21:47:29 UTC 2004

> Beppe wrote:
> I've the same issue with a 915G and the same card.
> Kudzu recognized the hardware but the X freeze at the boot time.

Yeeeah!!!, thats what's happening me...and I think that the problem could probably be on the graphic card.

> Fortunately my motherboard provide an onboard graphic adapter and it works (if I remove ATI card!)

If I undestood it well, u mean that you remove the card (physically) from your computer and then u put there another one?. Is this it?. And then you put the ATI card again, once FC3 was installed?.
Damn!, the idea is not to remove the card in order to install FC3. If it's possible...

> I can say that I haven't any problem with FC2 and ATI card plugged in and working, even if I don't think PCI-E bus was exploited properly because the system recognized it like a VESA adapter.

Thats true, again!. I run the FC2 anaconda instalation program without hardware problems and while FC3 recognizes my card as an ATI X600 (which can be the main problem), FC2 only gets as a VESA(generic) card and do not crash.

Maybe I'll try to install in text mode...and see what happens. If you get any other idea...please told me, I'll pleased to know. Thankx again.

regards,
Carmelo

--
This is an email sent via the webforum on http://fcp.homelinux.org