Ctrl-A/E/U/etc in GNOME Apps?

Pete Toscano pete-fedora at verisignlabs.com
Sat Dec 11 01:07:32 UTC 2004

A. Rick Anderson wrote:
> Add the following line to your login script (probably .bash_profile) in
> your home directory.
> export EDITOR=emacs

Thanks, I'll try that on Monday when I'm back in at my workstation.  I
am curious how it's working on my laptop, though, as I have no such
envar set and can't find any mention of "emacs" in either the .gnome*
subdirs (find ~/.gnome* -type f -exec grep -i emacs {} \; -print) or in
gconf (with using find in gconf-editor -- well, I found something
referencing emacsclient).  I wonder if there's another way to enable
this behavior.

Thanks again,
pete