Encoding always stops at 99.18% using DVDRIP

Andrew Konosky TerranAce007 at comcast.net
Sat Dec 11 01:31:21 UTC 2004

I am trying to rip my DVD collection to put on my laptop whenever UPS
gets around to delivering it, and I am using DVDRip. I have Mencoder,
MJPEGtools, and transcode all installed, and I can rip the DVD through
DVDRip, but the cropping never works because I get an error message and
can't generate preview images. I have tried encoding as mpeg and avi and
have used divx4,5 and the xvid codecs, but everytime it stops at 99.18%,
and I am left with a .m2v file and an .mp3 file of the right sizes, but
DVDRip won't merge them. I know there is a command-line way of doing it,
but I never had to do that in FC2. Also, after waiting for 5 hours for
the thing to encode, I would like to have it all done with, but no....

Any suggestions? I am thinking I will compile and install AcidRip
tonight and see if that works, but I like DVDRip better.