Centrino Laptop Boot problems

John Flower jflower at jvx.com
Fri Dec 10 11:39:49 UTC 2004

Cody Y wrote:

> Hello,
> I just installed Fedora core 3 from a dvd onto my centrino laptop.
> Installation went fine after I got a few hiccups out (Had to start up
> without acpi), but now it won't boot. It appears to be hang while
> 'Checking root filesystem'.
>
> My laptop is a 'cicero'. It's a rebrand. I think the original brand is
> either clevo or seanix. Model number M120c.
>
> Any ideas as to what this could be? Should I boot into recovery mode
> and run fsck?
>
> -Cody

I am having a very similar problem, maybe the same. Hopefully someone
will have an idea. This is a desktop with an old Intel 350MHz PII Mboard
& 2 HDs. I have WinXP on the other hd. I had FC1 working just fine on
this hd, then got the bright idea to install FC3. Didn't upgrade, did a
complete re-install. Now it stops every time at "configuring kernel
files". I'm not a geek, just an experienced win-user trying to migrate
to Linux.

- John