Network resources evaporate on FC3 within 30 minutes of a reboot

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sat Dec 11 04:05:53 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-12-10 at 21:48 -0500, A. Rick Anderson wrote:

> 	wins proxy = Yes
---
? set this to no
---
> 	wins support = Yes
---
Good - do the Windows computers also point to this wins server?
---
> 	idmap uid = 16777216-33554431
> 	idmap gid = 16777216-33554431
---
are you using winbind? I don't understand here. If you are using winbind
(have another PDC then this shouldn't be a domain master/preferred
master) - another thing - though I think that you should make sure that
winbind isn't running and thus, these idmaps don't make sense to me is
that if you do use winbind, you shouldn't use nscd daemon, which might
explain things. In a setup that I think you are using - 1 Linux box as
PDC for Windows domain. winbind should be off, idmaps should be off,
wins support should be on, all windows systems should point to this
system by ip address as it's wins server and nscd is helpful.
---
> 	guest ok = Yes
---
not sure about this but
security = user
would be a very good thing
---
> 	printing = lprng
> 	print command = lpr -r -P'%p' %s
> 	lpq command = lpq -P'%p'
> 	lprm command = lprm -P'%p' %j
> 	lppause command = lpc hold '%p' %j
> 	lpresume command = lpc release '%p' %j
> 	queuepause command = lpc stop '%p'
> 	queueresume command = lpc start '%p'
----
not sure why you aren't using cups - it's so much easier

Craig