RP-PPPoE: Recieved a lot of RX errors

Xia Bin PusherX at 163.com
Sat Dec 11 03:39:12 UTC 2004

Hi all,

My computer is connected to the Internet through an ADSL modern.

The Roaring Penguins PPPoE works fine for me since RH9, But I recently
noticed that in my adsl-status output there are a lot of RX packets
errors (as listed below):

adsl-status: Link is up and running on interface ppp0
ppp0	Link encap:Point-to-Point Protocol
	inet Iddr:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx P-t-P:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
	Mask:255.255.255.255
	UP POINTOPOINT RUNNING NOARP MULTICAST  MTU:1492  Metric:1
	-------------------------
	collisions:0 txqueuelen:3
	RX bytes:509171 (497.2 KiB)  TX bytes:82843 (80.9 KiB)

Everything is fine so far, I have stable access to the Internet. As
PPPoE is not offically supported by Roaring Penguins, so can anyone
suggest some good faqs/docs on this RX stuff. Since I still have access
to the Internet I wouldn't consider this as a problem but I still want
to know more about this RX stuff.

Regards

Xia