FC3 DVD install Grub problems

pankaj pjain001 at covad.net
Sat Dec 11 04:34:33 UTC 2004

Folks,
I've been having issues doing a clean install of FC3 on various
machines.

I've tried the install on two machines:
1) a Dell Dimension XPS 1.8MHz, 512MB RAM, 1 IDE 80GB + 1 IDE 250GB
drives and an nVidia GeForce 3 card.
2) IBM Thinkpad 600E 300MHz PII, 192MB RAM, 1 10GB drive

The install goes fine until the time to install GRUB.  It's at this
point that the install doesn't automatically reboot so I do a soft
reboot.  Upon booting, the GRUB boot menu doesn't come up.

The MD5 of the DVD image match correctly.  Has anyone else seen this?

I've tried various modes of installation around 7 times just on the Dell
with no success.  I'm not even sure how if I filed a bugzilla, what
would it be under?

Thanks
Pankaj

--